MAIN PRODUCT LIST -
Diatom Lab is born to show the beauty, importance and power of microscopic nature to amaterus and scientists during an era of many superficial values. Diatom Shop's products require much accuracy, precision and time during (and before) their realization: although Diatom Lab works with the latest techniques, mountants and research microscopes, it doesn't differ much from a Nineteenth-
Diatom Shop offers TOP QUALITY PRODUCTS and TOP QUALITY SERVICE, to sum up:
1) Diatom Shop's microscope slides are made to LAST IN TIME and are produced using the PROFESSIONAL, MODERN, UNPUBLISHED, LATEST & UNIQUE DIATOM LAB'S TECHNIQUES AND FORMULAS!
2) Diatom Shop's Diatoms and Radiolarians can be observed and admired EVEN WITH A MODEST MICROSCOPE (contrast enhancement techniques such as phase contrast, darkfield illumination and differential interference contrast are not necessary!) thanks to Diatom Lab's high refractive index mountants used to mount them!
3) Diatom Lab always uses HIGH REFRACTIVE INDEX MOUNTANTS, such as Diatom³ (Diatom Cubed) that has a refractive index greater than 1.7. All mountants are MICROFILTERED and have an EXCELLENT CHEMICAL STABILITY!
4) Diatom Lab's self-
5) In order to give you the BEST CONDITIONS FOR RESOLUTION AND CONTRAST, Diatom frustules are internally mounted ON THE LOWER SURFACE OF COVER GLASS (and not classically on microscope slide), although this procedure requires special manufacturing precautions! Furthermore, mounting on the internal surface of cover glass permits to easily use oil immersion objectives too (even those with very short free working distance: 63x/1,4 or 100x/1,4) as there is no space between diatoms and cover glass!
6) Diatom Lab's special techniques and mountant ensure that diatoms and radiolarians WILL NEVER CHANGE THEIR ORIGINAL POSITION (for example, during shipping or storage): in a few words you will never see "floating" diatoms and radiolarians!
7) The customized cover glasses (coverslips) with HIGH OPTICAL QUALITY have been manufactured in Germany specifically for Diatom Lab. They have the following characteristics: highly transparent and achromatic (free of any color distortion); high optical omogeneity (pratically free of inclusions, bubbles, streaks, etc.); high spectral transmission; good planarity; very good chemical stability; refraction index adjusted for microscopes!
8) Diatom Shop's microscope slides are prepared taking into account the coverslip thickness suitable for each preparation!
9) Diatom Shop's ringing cements are resistant to the most common immersion oils used in optical microscopy!
10) Diatom Shop offers PERFECTLY CLEANED Diatoms, Radiolarians and other microscopic objects that are micro-
11) Diatom Shop always offers many RARE and UNUSUAL species!
12) Before payment you will always receive an email with attached the photographs and photomicrographs of the products you've ordered: WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!
13) Diatom Lab (Diatom Shop) works with honesty, accuracy and transparency: you'll always receive a paper INVOICE (if you are a business company) or a paper TAX RECEIPT (if you are a private customer) with every purchase!
14) All parcels are FULLY TRACKED, so that you can check the progress of your items through to delivery. Diatom Lab (Diatom Shop) safely ships WORLDWIDE using microscope mailer cases, bubble wrap and paddled packages: customers of Diatom Lab (Diatom Shop) live in USA, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Africa!
15) Payments are possible using PayPal (no PayPal account needed, just a credit card!) or bank transfer!
16) Diatom Shop sells its special products online (by email order) or more rarely through the business eBay page http://www.ebay.com/usr/diatomshop (the eBay account name is diatomshop ). Please read the 100% POSTIVE eBay FEEDBACKS at the following link: eBay feedbacks
The company receives a lot of emails and letters of appreciation by direct customers too!
The following prices are FINAL, what you read is what you pay to Diatom Shop / Diatom Lab (for shipping costs visit the "How to order" page)
In order to give you the best conditions for resolution and contrast, all Diatom frustules are internally mounted on the lower surface of cover glass (and not on microscope slide)! Furthermore, mounting on the internal surface of cover glass permits to easily use oil immersion objectives too (even those with very short free working distance: 63x/1,4 or 100x/1,4) as there is no space between diatoms and cover glass!
Each arranged microscope slide is really Unique: you'll find several new species within each arrangement !!!
10 Selected mixed marine fossil diatoms from Oamaru (NZ), with species list printed on the label, arranged in lines (without duplicates), mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant: price 39,90 euros
10 Selected mixed marine fossil diatoms from Mors Island (Denmark), with species list printed on the label, arranged in lines (without duplicates), mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant: price 39,90 euros
10 Selected mixed marine fossil diatoms from Saint-
10 Selected mixed freshwater diatoms, with species list printed on the label, arranged in lines (without duplicates), mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant: price 39,90 euros
16 Selected mixed diatoms, arranged in lines (without duplicates), mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant: price 39,90 euros
16 Selected marine fossil diatoms from Oamaru (NZ), arranged in lines (without duplicates), mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant: price 49,90 euros
25 Selected mixed diatoms, arranged in lines (without duplicates), mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant: price 64,90 euros
50 Selected mixed diatoms, arranged in lines (without duplicates), mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant, see example below (Diatomarium: the Cabinet of Diatoms): price 169 euros
About 50/60 selected mixed diatoms, arranged in circle, mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant, see example below: price 199 euros
Set of 6 teaching microscope slides with 8 selected and micromanipulated (recent/fossil, marine/freshwater) diatoms apiece for universities, schools and museums (mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant), 48 species overall (without duplicates), arranged in lines: price 199 euros
Arabesque, the amazing diatom arrangement (version A), copied exactly from the original, with 85 selected Diatoms mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant. This arranged diatom slide has been exhibited at Scienza & Natura Expo, 25-
Diatoms with scientific names mounted both in VALVE VIEW and GIRDLE VIEW (in the same microscope slide), for example:
Tetracyclus celatom Okuno (rare!) in valve view and girdle view, price 35 euros
Stephanogonia danica Grunow (rare!) in valve view and girdle view, price 35 euros
MICROSCOPE SLIDES WITH classic or inedited TEST DIATOMS:
Test microscope slide with 4 micro-
Test microscope slide with 3 micro-
Test microscope slide with one micro-
Test microscope slide with 2 micro-
9 Form Test Plate (Test microscope slide): 9 micro-
Set of 6 strewn microscope slides with 6 different diatom locations from Oamaru (Allan's farm, Flume Gully, Bain's Farm, Mavor's Farm, Jackson Paddock, Totara), mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant: price 59 euros
Strew microscope slide of diatoms from a specific locality /sample mounted in StyraPlus mountant: price 12 euros each: as for Diatom Shop's strewn microscope slides, frustules are mounted on coverslip and are uniformly distributed; moreover you will never find unpleasant edges caused by fast distilled water evaporation.
Very rare diatom Surirella spiralis Kützing, single micromanipulated specimen (mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant), microscope slide. This species is a very sensitive bioindicator of water quality: 99 euros
Single micromanipulated Species (mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant), microscope slide: please ask for a quote and for current availability. Just for example: Actinoptychus maculatus Grove & G.Sturt; Actinoptychus marmoreus Brun; Actinoptychus splendens (Shadbolt) Ralfs; Actinoptychus stella var. thumii A.W.F.Schmidt; Actinoptychus senarius (Ehrenberg) Ehrenberg; Actinoptychus undulatus (Kützing) Ralfs in Pritchard; Arachnoidiscus deficiens (Grove) N.E.Brown; Aulacodiscus janischii Grove & Sturt; Aulacodiscus reticulatus Pantocsek; Auliscus oamaruensis Grove & Sturt; Auliscus sculptus (W. Smith) Brightwell; Biddulphia pulchella Gray; Biddulphia tuomeyi (J.W. Bailey) Roper; Coscinodiscus asteromphalus Ehrenberg; Cymatopleura solea (Brébisson) W.Smith; Hemiaulus lyriformis Greville; Hyalodiscus radiatus (O'Meara) Grunow VAR. Arctica Grunow; Kittonia elaborata (Grove & Sturt) Grove & Sturt; Lyrella praetexta (Ehrenberg) D.G. Mann; Melosira clavigera Grunow in Van Heurck; Pinnularia viridis (Nitzsch) Ehrenberg; Paralia sulcata (ehrenberg) P.T. Cleve VAR. biseriata Grunow; Trinacria excavata Heiberg; Rhaphoneis amphiceros (Ehrenberg) Ehrenberg; Solium exsculptum Heiberg; Stephanogonia danica Grunow; Stictodiscus californicus Greville; Surirella biseriata Brébisson; Surirella utahensis (Grunow) Hanna & Grant; Tetracyclus celatom Okuno; Triceratium broeckii Leuduger-
10 selected Radiolarians from Barbados, Bath Cliff, (*) rare locality, (without duplicates), arranged in lines (mounted in StyraPlus mountant): price 36 euros
14 selected Radiolarians from Barbados, Bath Cliff, (*) rare locality, (without duplicates), arranged in lines (mounted in StyraPlus mountant): price 45 euros
( * Described in the publication: Saunders, J.B., Bernoulli, D., Mueller-
25 selected Radiolarians from Barbados (without duplicates), arranged in lines (mounted in StyraPlus mountant): price 99 euros
NEW! Victorian style star with selected and arranged Radiolarians from Barbados (mounted in StyraPlus mountant): price 79 euros, see example below
Radiolarians from Barbados arranged in a perfect circle (with a diameter of about 0,62 millimetres or 620 micrometres), mounted in StyraPlus mountant: price 249 euros
Strewn slide with Radiolarians from Bath Cliff, (*) rare locality in Barbados (mounted in StyraPlus mountant): price 19 euros
Strewn slide with Radiolarians from Springfield, rare locality in Barbados, much appreciated in the Nineteenth century (mounted in StyraPlus mountant): price 19 euros. Radiolarians (Polycystine) from Springfield were cited and described in several antique books, for example: 1) Bury, Edward, Mrs; Cooke, M.C., Polycystins, figures of remarkable forms &c. in the Barbados chalk deposit (chiefly collected by Dr. Davy, and noticed in a lecture delivered to the Agricultural Society of Barbados, in July, 1846),London, W. Wheldon, 1869; 2) Association for Advancement of Science, Report of the Seventeenth Meeting of the British Association for the Advancement of Science, held at Oxford in June 1847, London, John Murray, 1848
Strewn slide with Radiolarians from West Indies -
6 selected mixed Silicoflagellates, arranged in a line or in circle (mounted in Diatom Cubed mountant): price 36 euros
60 selected Foraminifera (Baculogypsina sphaerulata, Calcarina splenferi) from Okinawa (Japan), dry mounted, arranged in lines: price 70 euros
OTHER MICROSCOPE OBJECTS -
Strewn slide with sclerites of Gorgonian sea fan, Victorian sample collected in West Indies (mounted in StyraPlus mountant): price 19 euros
Multicolored Artistic rings in Victorian style (composed of black, white, red, blue cements): add 7 euros to the product price and please specify the colors you prefer
POSTERS WITH HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOMICROGRAPHS OF MICROSCOPIC OBJECTS:
New! The first Diatom Shop's High Resolution Poster with Diatoms in Dark Field illumination (with scientific names and general characteristics). Printed on Luster photographic paper (slight sheen, not glossy): the image below is very poor in resolution of course, while the original TIFF file is 350 dpi with 7500x6000 pixels and many more details! (Seven focus-
Formats and prices:
11,81" X 7,87" (30 cm X 20 cm): 15 euros
15,74" X 11,81" (40 cm X 30 cm): 23 euros
27,55" X 19,68" (70 cm X 50 cm): 59 euros
39,37" X 27,55" (100 cm X 70 cm): 119 euros
You can also order several Diatoms, Radiolarians or Foraminifera arranged in letters, numbers and so on (ask for a free quote)!