OUR COMPANY SPECIALISES IN:
- Ground-breaking Micromanipulation services:
a) The creation of microscope slides and arrangements of Diatoms, Radiolarians and other microscopic specimens for Optical Microscopy and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), produced through innovative, never published, State-of-the-art techniques: read THE 10 REASONS DIATOM LAB PREPARATIONS ARE SO INNOVATIVE in the Menu. Diatom Lab premium quality microscope slides are manufactured in our own laboratory under rigorous scientific control! Only the best glasses are used: custom optical quality cover glasses and 26 x 76 mm (1 x 3 inch) fine microscope slides with ground edges. Diatoms and Radiolarians are microscopic, jewel-like products of nature but they must be prepared with the best techniques, tools and materials in order to admire them in all their full glory!
b) Test slides for Optical Microscopy, produced through new and never published techniques: Venture into the Micro and Nano structures!
- Calibration slides (Stage micrometers), Reticles
- Scientific photography and microscopy imaging services: we provide scientific imaging services using our state of the art Zeiss Axio Imager.A2 and other microscopes in full frame format. Various illumination techniques are available. Click on this link to download the pdf file with the Diatom Lab's Zeiss Axio Imager.A2 microscope configuration (objectives, condensers, etc.). We can image your specimens, or specimens we prepare on your behalf. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
OUR CLIENTS AND REPUTATION:
Diatom Lab counts many important research centres, universities, colleges, environmental organizations, and microscope companies from all around the world among its customers, such as the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA, USA), the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (New York, USA), the Rockefeller University (New York, USA), the Eastern Washington University (Washington, USA), the Institute of Biology Leiden University (Leiden, The Netherlands), the University of South Bohemia České Buděovice (České Buděovice, Czech Republic), the Italian National Research Council or CNR, the Gymnase de Morges (Morges, Switzerland) and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), in addition to many private customers who purchase our diatom preparations. Click here and here for the contracts signed with the Italian National Research Council or CNR (https://www.cnr.it/en). Other clients are not public bodies, therefore cannot be listed here for privacy reasons. For feedback from private customers about our diatom preparations, please see our 100% positive eBay feedback on thousands of transactions! Diatom Lab sells products online or, less often, through our business eBay page to promote our products amongst private customers.
THEY WROTE ABOUT US:
- Bulletin of the Quekett Microscopical Club, Nov 2019, No.77, ISSN 1350-9128, pp 22-25: the article recognizes Diatom Lab preparations as expertly-prepared and three microscope images of our slides have been published, such as a detail of the Diatom Test Slide version 2.0 with the comment “image chosen by editor to show the incredible resolution of this excellent slide”;
- Walker D., Exploring the Diatom Lab prepared slide of an integrated circuit chip, Micscape Magazine, April 2020, Issue 289, ISSN 1365 – 070x: "The slide is impeccably prepared / mounted", "In my view the slide is excellent value for money and maintains the high standards set by the Diatom Lab shop (I have a number of the diatom slides)";
- JMC Scientific Consulting Ltd, Jonathan Crowther, “UV microscopy –Designing a UV condenser” Last modified October 26, 2020, jmcscientificconsulting.com: "As a quick test I imaged a sample slide of Gorgonian sea fan spicules (from Diatom Lab). These guys make high quality microscope slides great for microscopy testing and imaging, and I’d recommend checking them out if you want slides for imaging";
- Memmolo P, Carcagnì P, Bianco V, Merola F, Goncalves da Silva Junior A, Garcia Goncalves LM, Ferraro P, Distante C. “Learning Diatoms Classification from a Dry Test Slide by Holographic Microscopy”. Sensors (Basel). 2020 Nov 7;20(21):6353. doi: 10.3390/s20216353. PMID: 33171757; PMCID: PMC7664373 (you can download the publication by this link as a PDF document): "Acknowledgments: Diatoms in the glass slide were prepared by Stefano Barone - Diatom Lab, and purchased from www.diatomshop.com" (a Diatom Lab microscope slide of 50 selected, micromanipulated Diatoms was used for this scientific publication. This slide was sold to the Institute of Applied Sciences and Intelligent Systems (ISASI) National Research Council (CNR) of Italy (https://www.cnr.it/en)
Please feel free to contact us with questions regarding quotes for customized products and services. We will do our best to answer your request as soon as possible.